How does Acupuncture work?
According to some of the top functions of Acupuncture, research has demonstrated the following:
1) Acupuncture promotes blood flow. Blood contains all the factors needed for the body to live (oxygen, nutrients absorbed from food, immune substances, hormones, analgesics, and anti-inflammatories). Consider that if there is just 3% blood flow diminished to the breast, cancer may develop. Also, almost every disease process begins with inflammation.
2) Acupuncture Stimulates the body's built- in healing mechanisms. Acupuncture create "microtraumas" which stimulates the body to heal the surrounding areas through the activation of the nervous, immune, and endocrine systems.
3) Acupuncture releases natural painkillers. A signal is sent to the brain through the nervous system to release endorphins, norepinephrine, and enkephalins. These substances can be 10-200 times more potent than morphine!
4) Acupuncture reduces both the intensity and perception of chronic pain. This is done through an involved process called "descending control normalization."
5) Acupuncture relaxes shortened muscles. Repetitive stress injuries can cause muscles to become chronically shortened, which can pull on other areas of our body causing a structural imbalance and stress on joints.
6) Acupuncture reduces stress. This is a very powerful use of Acupuncture. The needles stimulate the release of oxytocin which regulates the parasympathetic nervous system ("rest and digest" or "calm and connect"). Recent research has implicated impaired parasympathetic function in a wide range of autoimmune diseases, including arthritis, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease.
What is Traditional Chinese Medicine?
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a complete medical system, not only a complementary therapy. TCM can successfully be used in the treatment of not only chronic diseases, such as arthritis, but also acute disease, such as acute pneumonia, and even in emergencies, such as asthmatic attacks.
The employment of this medicine is to achieve 3 main things:
Acupuncture is widely used for all types of pain. Acupuncture is powerful at relieving pain by promoting blood flow, releasing natural painkillers, and relaxing shortened muscles. Herbal medicine can enhance and speed recovery by increasing circulation to relieve pain.
When you receive acupuncture, your body responds by releasing anti-inflammatory mediators, like cytokines and neuropeptides, to begin circulating to relieve inflammation anywhere in the body. Our body's deal with a lot of ongoing stress and inflammation is a precursor to most diseases.
By stimulating your innate ability to heal yourself, acupuncture works to resolve several symptoms you may have. TCM Doctors are highly trained to diagnose your particular pattern(s) that may be resulting in a variety of concerning symptoms that you experience.
TCM includes the following modalities:
· Chinese herbs
· Diet Therapy
· Gua Sha
· Tui Na (massage)
· Exercise (Qi Gong and Tai Chi)
Back to Top
INTRODUCING VERVE WELLNESS CENTER’S TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE & ACUPUNCTURE SERVICES
Acupuncture Impacts on Your Health
480-969-4040 – Verve Wellness Center
480-834-3084 – Verve Surgical Institue
4824 E. Baseline Rd., Suite #140, Mesa, AZ 85206
DIRECTIONS to VERVE WELLNESS CENTER
6424 E. Broadway Rd., Suite #102, Mesa, AZ 85206
DIRECTIONS to VERVE SURGICAL INSTITUTE
Monday – Friday 8:00am–7:00pm Saturday 9:00am–1:00pm
Monday – Friday 8:00am–5:00pm
Monday – Friday 8:30am–6:00pm
Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture:
Monday 9:00am-3:00pm Thursday 11:00am-5:00pm
Monday-Saturday by Appointment Only
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9:00am–7:00pm Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Friday 8:00am-11:00am Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm
Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture
Verve Surgical Institute & Pain Management
P: 480.969.4040 F: 480.830.9202/480.830.1042
Did you know you can safely combine acupuncture and prescription medications to restore health and balance in your life? An ancient form of Chinese medicine, when used in combination with a treatment plan a patient can benefit greatly to decrease pain, anxiety and assist with common alignments such as digestive issues, allergies and breathing issues. At Verve, an acupuncturist uses needles at points along the meridians in places where the energy pathway is close to the surface of the skin. These energy pathways, or meridians, correspond to one organ or group of organs, which govern particular body functions. Achieving this proper flow is thought to create health. Many patients combine this treatment with medical, chiropractic and massage to increase maximum results.
HEALTH IS A STATE OF COMPLETE PHYSICAL,MENTAL AND SOCIAL WELL-BEING, AND NOT MERELY THE ABSENCE OF DISEASE OR INFIRMITY – WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION, 1948
— USE FOR DIGESTIVE HEALTH
— USE FOR FIBROMYALGIA, NECK, BACK, SHOULDER, AND LEG
— USE FOR EXTREMITIES
— USE FOR STRESS, ANXIETY & BALANCE
— USE FOR ALLERGIES AND BREATHING ISSUES
What is "CUPPING" & how does it work?
Dr. Erin E. Hill, TCMD, La.c
VISIT: http://drerintcm.com for more information, education and patient testimonials!